Friday 10 February 2012

Trust

This week over with Lisa-Jo we're writing for 5 minutes about Trust.  Visit www.thegypsymama.com to join us.

Go -

My children trust me.  They look up at me with their questions and simply expect me to know the answers.  They rely on me to collect them at school, to make their lunch and that there will be food and a bedtime story that night. They count on me to make sense of chaos and unhappiness when it comes their way and to lead them to safer ground.  They trust me.   Sometimes I feel so fragile that I long for that kind of trust.  That there would be someone that I can completely depend upon and who will never let me down.  There is only one rock that I can stand on and be sure that the ground will not shift.  There is only one I can trust with my whole heart.  As a child depending on their parent, I can be God's child and depend and trust my Father.  It is only Him that I trust fully with every fibre of my being, and even that can be a stretch!  I sometimes wonder if He really does want me on this road, but then I trust Him to make sense of that chaos and lead me to greener pastures, safer ground.

Stop


 1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.[a]
 3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness[b]
   for his name's sake.    Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment