Thursday 15 March 2012

Brave

Writing for 5 minutes unedited this week over at www.thegypsymama.com with Lisa-Jo.

This weeks word is Brave


I want to run.  I want to run and hide and not be where I am.  I am not brave.  I am not strong, and I am not courageous.  One week ago my darling daughter was lying in pain recovering from emergency surgery to remove a brain tumour that threatened her young, fragile and precious life.  "be brave" and "stay strong" and "you're doing really well" people said.  I am not brave and didn't know how to stay strong and I'm sure I wasn't doing really well.
My daughter is brave.  She is strong.  She has courage.  And she IS doing really well!
And we are home from our ordeal recovering from this surgery by God's good grace.
To be brave is to trust God.  It is to recognize his sovereign power.  It is to know that life is a gift and that it is fragile and can end at any moment.  To be brave is to be ready to release my child to Him and to know that really she belongs to Him and I was merely blessed to have her for however long He deems it.  To be brave is to feel His strength in my weakness, to trust Him with my life, with her life, to turn to Him and pray without ceasing.
My brave came waiting to feel his peace when wretched and empty was all there was.  But He comes.  He whispers to trust in Him, rest in Him, that she is precious to Him, that I am precious to Him, that we are his daughters, that He loves us.  Trust him, trust him, trust him and watch the miracle unfold.


fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.... Isaiah 41.10

Jasmine is now home from hospital and recovering from surgery.  Her pathology showed the tumour to be Grade 3 malignant and a course of radiotherapy will begin in the near future.  As we turn to the Lord to ask for His grace, gift of faith and His strength, might we humbly ask you to pray for Jasmine and her complete healing and recovery through God's grace.  Thank you so much to all of you who left comments and encouraging scripture, words and prayers for us last week.  You really DO make a difference.  x


11 nHe will tend his flock like a shepherd;
ohe will gather the lambs in his arms;
phe will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.   Isaiah 40.11

No comments:

Post a Comment