Friday 6 April 2012

Light

Writing today with Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for 5 unedited and free flowing minutes
This weeks prompt is LIGHT.  Click the button or the link to join us today ~

GO ~

I am in Boston and the city seems filled with light.  His glorious light streams through fragmented clouds and breaks through magnolias.  I am in a foreign land and an alien city and times are stressful.  I am here with my beautiful daughter, my beautiful 5 year old daughter for her to receive treatment for cancer.  I can hardly string the words cancer and 5 year old daughter together - my hands shake as I type it.  I told her that the doctor had to cut some sickness out of her head and now some new doctors have to give her some medicine inside her head that will make sure the sickness doesn't come back.  The medicine is LIGHT.  And the medicine is all a bit like Jesus.  He will fill her head and heart with light, so she need not be afraid.  His light won't hurt her, but will heal her and restore her and renew her.  And where there is light, there is always hope.

May your Easter be blessed and light filled this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment